ARITHMOS is pleased to announce that is looking to expand its team of life science technology professionals in its Verona, Italy office. We are currently looking for a Database Administrator & Systems Analyst to join our highly motivated and expert team.
This role foresees the installation, configuration and maintenance activities of databases. Working closely with a Hosting Specialist and the Life Sciences Application department, the DBA & Systems Analyst will collaborate on writing procedures and defining user requirements, specific functions and updating and modifying current systems.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Administer and maintain databases including tuning activities and definition of maintenance scripts
- Carry out diagnostic activities and manage application errors working with software developers to resolve any issues
- Collaborate on the development and installation of data backup and recovery strategies
- Provide support for written procedures (server configuration, security, disaster recovery and backup, scripts and stored procedures, monitoring, tuning and optimization methods)
- Support the Software Development and Life Science Applications departments in the development of user requirements for software and applications, interpreting and documenting user requirements and defining the design procedure of applications
- Interact with the Hosting Specialist to design and maintain the IT infrastructure
- Evaluate new technologies to provide recommendations
- Manage system documentation (installation and test protocols, technical specifications, user manuals, procedures, etc)
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a related role
- Prior experience in virtual infrastructure management (e.g. WMware, Citrix)
- Good knowledge of backup and disaster recovery processes
- Experience in server installation and configuration
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance (including DB/tuning, PL/SQL issues, debug), database upgrade (Oracle database will be the preferred database) and other software
- Good knowledge of tuning software, development and administration of databases (SQL Developer, PL/SQL Developer, Toad, Oracle Enterprise Manager, etc)
- Basic knowledge of Computer System Validation processes
- English language working proficiency
- Good communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Flexibility and motivation to meet goals
As an up and coming technology company with a niche in life sciences technology, ARITHMOS is always looking for the best talent to join its team. We seek candidates who are skilled in various IT areas, passionate about their work, work well in a team, and above all must be flexible, since ARITHMOS’ mission is to provide customized IT solutions to meet client needs.
To apply for this current job opening, please visit ARITHMOS Careers Page or send an email to email@example.com with “Candidatura ref. 13-018-DBA” in the subject line.